Leisure Events in Ballarat
Ballarat is an events mecca and is regional Victoria’s home of large-scale events.
With an abundance of parklands, waterways, sporting reserves and state-of-the-art facilities, our city caters for a wide range of events and activities.
WHY HOST YOUR LEISURE EVENT IN BALLARAT?
With extensive event management experience, the City of Ballarat’s Events Team has the skills and experience to assist you with event concepts and planning. The Events team concierge event organisers through the event application and permitting process, as well as produce, fund and acquire events such as the Ballarat International Foto Biennale, the Ballarat Begonia Festival and White Night Ballarat.
The City of Ballarat has a strong reputation for developing productive partnerships with event organisers and supports a considerable number of external events. The Events team collaborates with organisers to determine the most appropriate location and timing of events within the city’s events calendar to ensure successful outcomes.
HOST YOUR NEXT LEISURE EVENT IN BALLARAT AND YOU’LL HAVE ACCESS TO:
- Modern, state-of-the-art, multipurpose facilities including Civic Hall, the Art Gallery of Ballarat, Ballarat Mining Exchange, Eureka Centre and Her Majesty’s Theatre.
- Boutique hotels and modern accommodation options offering both short-term and long-term stays.
- A thriving food and wine scene boasting premium fare sourced from local farmers and producers.
- Contemporary visitor offerings set against an iconic heritage backdrop.
HOW CAN WE HELP WITH YOUR LEISURE EVENT?
The Events team takes pride in combining local knowledge and practical experience to ensure organisers receive the best advice when planning their event.
The City of Ballarat Events Team should be the first point of contact for all events. The team will provide end-to-end services for all event organisers to provide advice on – finding an appropriate event location and assistance with venue booking, understanding the local laws event permit process, advice on event promotion and providing introductions to Marketing, Visitor Economy and Economic Development teams within council.
- We can offer the support and guidance of an experienced Events Team that is dedicated to making your event successful.
- We can offer financial support scalable to the size of your event, as well as in-kind support such as free venue usage, fee waiving, promotional support etc.
- We can bring to bear the resources of a major local government organisation.
If you require any assistance or would simply like to learn more about how Ballarat can assist you with your leisure event, please contact the Events team at the City of Ballarat.
City of Ballarat Events Team
P: 03 5330 5500
Images: Meda Design Au