Business Events and Conferencing
For many decades, Ballarat has been a leading regional centre for the hosting of business events and conferences, attracting thousands upon thousands of delegates from across the country and the world.
With its state-of-the-art infrastructure, contemporary conference centres, heritage locales and luxurious accommodation options, the city provides an idyllic location for those who seek an inimitable corporate experience moulded by professionalism, service, pleasure and comfort.
Why host your business event in Ballarat?
Long defined as the heart of Australia’s goldfields, Ballarat provides a unique business experience for all visiting delegates.
While history and heritage remain amongst the city’s strongest drawcards, there is no doubt Ballarat’s ability to host large-scale events year-round, combined with its ever-evolving visitor offerings, are among the reasons why more and more businesses and organisations are opting to host their conferences in the city.
Host your next business event in Ballarat and you’ll have access to:
- Modern venues and convention centres, as well as a number of historically significant function spaces
- Boutique hotels and modern accommodation options offering both long-term and short-term stays
- Catering for up to 1,000 delegates
- Venues nestled along the banks of Lake Wendouree and its surrounding gardens
- Team-building exercises at several of the city’s major attractions including Sovereign Hill, Kryal Castle and the Ballarat Wildlife Park
- A thriving food and wine scene boasting premium fare sourced from local farmers and producers
- A range of outdoor recreational activities for delegates to enjoy including mountain biking, hiking, four-wheel driving and fishing
- Contemporary visitor offerings set against an iconic heritage backdrop
- A team of dedicated staff who will ensure the smooth running and execution of your event
How can we help with your business event?
Understanding how vital business conferences are to the healthy functioning of the city’s economy, the City of Ballarat Visitor Economy Unit takes great pride in combining local knowledge and practical experience to ensure businesses receive the best advice when planning their event.
The Visitor Economy Unit should be the first point of contact for all events expecting more than 400 delegates. The team will provide end-to-end services for all prospective clients – ranging from initial planning meetings, tours, and transport information, through to assistance with venue booking and event execution.
If you require any assistance, or would simply like to learn more about how Ballarat can enhance your specific business event, please contact the Visitor Economy Unit at the City of Ballarat.