Stay informed with a range of different industry development events offered across the City of Ballarat.
Upcoming events and session recordings are available below.
- Upcoming training and development
- Past training and development
- Upcoming seasonal briefings
- Past seasonal briefings
Upcoming training and development
HR Advisory Service by Inspire HQ
- What: Individualised advice on Human Resource issues and staffing challenges
- Where: Sessions can be delivered face to face or over zoom
- When: Schedule a time that works for you
- Cost: Fully subsidised by BRT through Industry Strengthening funding, places limited
- How to register: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and find out more
Runway Business Health Check and Roadmap
- What: Individualised business health check and roadmap to provide a path to greater success
- Where: This session can be delivered face to face or over Zoom
- When: Schedule a time that works for you
- Cost: No cost. Valued at $2,000 per business, this program has been fully subsidised by Ballarat Regional Tourism through State Government Industry Strengthening funding. Places limited.
- How to register: Click Register now and fill out this form to submit your interest. Once submitted, a member of Ballarat Regional Tourism’s team will be in contact to confirm your details.
Limited offer! Chinese Menu Translation
What: With international borders reopening and a focus on building our region’s local Chinese audience engagement program, there has never been a better time for regional Victorian businesses to review and build on their multicultural customer base. This service will help your business better service both the international visitor as well as the resident Chinese audience.
Ballarat Regional Tourism has partnered with the Gaibo Agency to assist in Chinese menu translation for restaurants, cafes, hotels and other attractions in Ballarat, Pyrenees & Moorabool.
When: This program will be available on a first-in-first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
Cost: No cost*, fully subsided by Ballarat Regional Tourism.
* Up to the value of $300 per business. Menus greater than 1,200 words will be charged at $0.25 per additional word.
Visit the below link to register and find out more.
Do you need some help creating or renewing your ATDW listing, or would like some tips on optimising it?
Register for a free, 45 minute webinar hosted by the ATDW Team at Visit Victoria. Attendees can have their questions answered live during the session.
Webinars are conducted online via Microsoft Teams – times and registration links are available below. Webinars are open to all Victorian tourism operators and industry staff. Once you have registered, you will receive an email with further information.ATDW Webinar Dates and Times (via Microsoft Teams):
- Wednesday 11 May, 12pm-1pm
- Tuesday 7 June, 10am-11am
The ATDW Webinars will cover these topics:
- Benefits of having an ATDW listing
- How to create an ATDW listing
- How to renew an ATDW listing
- How to write a great product description
- How to choose the best images for your listing
- More info, tips and resources for success
Past training and development
Training and workshops relevant to Visitor Economy businesses are listed below.
Grants and Capital Raising – Understand your avenues for growth
Masterclass to help you better understand the role that Grants and Capital Raising can have in your business growth strategy.
This session was held Wednesday 2 March 2022, 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Ballarat Visitor Economy – Frontline Staff Strategies, Support and Guidance in a Vaccinated Economy
Key takeaways from this session include:
- How to check the vaccination status of your guests
- Customer recovery and communication techniques
- Delivering service excellence in our new vaccinated economy
Session held 28 October 2021, recording available below.
Upcoming Seasonal Briefing Dates
Winter 2022 Briefing Tuesday 10 May 2022
This May we are changing up our seasonal Visitor Economy briefings – this time you are invited to join in on Ballarat Tourism Exchange where we will answer all of your questions around winter in Ballarat.
The format of this event will take place as a World Cafe, where we will have a range of presenters who will be seated at each table and you will be able to move around the tables and find out the information relevant to your business.
This will take place on Tuesday 10 May at The Grand, 203 Dana Street, Ballarat Central from 3pm to 5pm with some networking to follow.
- Spring 2022 – Tuesday 26 July 2022
- Summer 2022/2023 – Tuesday 25 October 2022
- Autumn 2023 – Tuesday 7 February 2023
- Winter 2023 – Tuesday 25 April 2023
Past Seasonal Briefings
Autumn 2022 Industry Briefing
This event took place on Tuesday 8 February 2022 at 5.30-7.30pm at The Goods Shed
This event covered
- Ballarat’s tourism audience segmentation research by Quantum Market Research
- An overview of autumn events in Ballarat
- Marketing plans for the season ahead
- The region’s Industry Strengthening Program by Ballarat Regional Tourism
- How you can get involved
- A chance to catch up with industry colleagues again